Stone Barns - Harvest Fest 2010
Saturday, October 02, 2010
Harvest Fest is a community celebration of the farm at its most fruitful! Festivities for the whole family will include live music, farm market, hayrides and games on October 2nd from 10:00am - 3:00pm at Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture, located just 45 minutes north of Manhattan.
Highlights of Harvest Fest 2010:
* Live music featuring Brady Rymer and the Little Band That Could
* Theatrical performances by Story Pirates
* Children's workshops on cooking, gardening, bees and honey and more!
* Adult workshops on cooking and gardening led by Stone Barns Center farmers, Blue Hill chefs and special guests!
* An expanded Farmers Market featuring local purveyors with delicious seasonal fare.
* Hayrides around the property for visitors of all ages.
* Demonstrations and interpretation by farmers in our fields and pastures.
* An opportunity to show off your farmer skills at our farm Olympics.
* Our 7th Annual Seasonal Pie Bake-Off! This year's guest judges are Amanda Hesser and Merrill Stubbs, co-founders of Food52 and food columnists for The New York Times. Enter your favorite pie in the Harvest Fest Pie Bake-Off by September 23 for a chance to be featured on the Stone Barns website as well as Food52.com. Visit StoneBarns Center for more details.
A wide selection of seasonal food and beverages, including Stone Barns Center's famous Berkshire pig roast, will be available for cash purchase all day at the Farmers Market.
Vendors at Harvest Fest will include:
- Balthazar Bakery: pastries, breads, tarts and cookies
- Bark Hot Dogs: hot dogs, sausages
- BobbySue's Nuts: baked nut mixes
- Brooklyn Soda Works: handmade artisanal sodas
- Captain Lawrence Brewing Company: craft beer and ale
- Chipotle Mexican Grill: pork, chicken and vegetarian tacos
- Connie's Bakery: candy apples, muffins and cookies
- Flourish Baking Company: vegetable-filled pies
- Irving Farm Coffee: farm roasted coffee
- Ladle of Love: soups, stews and mac 'n cheese
- Luke's Lobster: lobster rolls
- Mast Brothers Chocolate: gourmet chocolate bars
- Murray's Cheese: selection of cheeses
- Pickle-licious: New York style pickles
- Red Barn Bakery: cookies, pies and savory tarts
- Stone Barns/Blue Hill at Stone Barns: pork sandwiches and grass fed beef chili
- Van Leeuwen Ice Cream: ice cream with homemade toppings
- Whole Foods Market: highlights of New York State
Tickets: $30/adults, $20/ages 6-14, $10/ages 2-5
Raffle Tickets: $20
The Harvest Fest raffle features exciting prizes fit for a farmer or a foodie. Buy your raffle ticket(s) with your event tickets and be entered to win one of the amazing prizes, which include:
* Organic Valley "Milk for a Year" and a farmer-led tour of an Organic Valley farm to learn first-hand what makes Organic Valley milk so delicious.
* A garden consultation with Stone Barns Center's Four-Season Farm Manager, Jack Algiere.
* A personalized wine tasting with the Wine Director at Blue Hill at Stone Barns followed by dinner for two at Blue Hill at Stone Barns (some restrictions apply).
* And more prizes, to be announced!
Stone Barns is a non-profit organization. Proceeds from Harvest Fest support scholarships for farm camp, school programs and young farmer training.
Advance ticket sales will open to Stone Barns Center members on August 9 at 9:00am. Ticket sales to the general public will begin on August 23 at 9:00am. As always, members receive a 10% discount on tickets. Tickets purchased by September 25 will be mailed; tickets purchased after September 25 will be held at will-call.
The event has sold out in past years so be sure to buy your tickets early!
Please note - Stone Barns Center has a strict No Dogs policy at Harvest Fest.